There are lots of benefits, from regulating your digestive system to curing a cold to just making you feel better in general. Drinking fire cider is a great way to introduce natural healing into your life.
Fire Cider is a traditional tincture that has been used for centuries to support your immune system and has many other health benefits. This tonic is easy to make, lasts indefinitely (if stored properly) and can be used to cure any ailment.
To make fire cider you simply combine raw apple cider vinegar with raw honey and a medley of ingredients like horseradish, onions and ginger. The condiment is simmered for hours and the result is a powerful tonic that can be taken daily to support your immune system and overall health.
Apple Cider Vinegar has been used in folk medicine for years and it is believed to have many healing properties. It supports digestion, helps regulate blood sugar and can relieve allergy symptoms. Apple cider vinegar contains potassium, calcium and magnesium and provides the body with several essential nutrients.
Raw honey is also a very powerful ingredient that has been used for centuries to flavor foods and cure ailments like coughs and colds. Honey is packed full of antioxidants and vitamins and because of its anti-bacterial abilities it can even be used to clean wounds.
Horseradish is extremely beneficial for the respiratory system, especially if you are suffering from a cold or flu. If consumed raw horseradish will clear your sinuses and help alleviate congestion. Horseradish contains allyl isothiocyanate which is known for its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties.
Onions are another ingredient that should be included in your fire cider. Onions contain sulfur, chromium and flavonoids that help cleanse the body and reduce inflammation. The vegetable also contains quercetin and ajoene, two nutrients that support proper blood circulation.
Combining all of these ingredients together in a simple fire cider tonic will not only help ease your symptoms but will also give you a natural energy boost. This powerful condiment can be taken daily to improve the health of your immune system and overall well-being.
If you are ready to experience the wonderful health and healing properties of Fire Cider, here is our favorite recipe that we got from a trusted site HERE
- Fresh horseradish
- Fresh ginger
- Powdered or fresh cayenne pepper
- Raw, unpasteurized ACV
- Take equal parts of horseradish, onion, and garlic and half part of ginger to prevent it from overpowering the rest of the flavors. Chop the horseradish, onion, garlic, and fresh ginger. Place them into a glass canning jar, then fill the jar with the ACV.
- Once filled, add one-fourth of powdered cayenne pepper or more to taste. It should be hot but tolerable. Close the lid and blend everything. Use parchment paper or wax paper under the cap if it is metal to prevent the vinegar from causing the metal lid to rust.
- Store the mixture in a cool, dry cabinet for about 4 weeks. Do not store it for longer than this, as the vinegar may further break down the ingredients, which may cause the mixture to turn opaque and thick. Storing it for a while allows the mixture to infuse. Individuals may check and shake the jar once per day.
- Once the mixture has infused, strain the pulp out using a cheesecloth. Add honey to taste and blend well until it mixes thoroughly to create a hot, sweet, sour, and spicy tonic. Some variations to this recipe include adding lemons, oranges, and herbs such as rosemary, thyme, and star anise. People can add these ingredients along with the base ingredients.
Anecdotally, people usually take 1–2 tablespoons daily as an immune booster. However, people who find the tonic strong can dilute it in a glass of water. Some people may only take it if they feel a cold coming or to help warm themselves up during the winter season.
Individuals can use the tonic as part of their daily nutrition. Many people may use it as a salad dressing, vinaigrette, or add-on to teas, soups, and stews. It can also add flavor to cooked foods. Some people also add it to cocktails.
So go ahead and enjoy this wonderful, healthful drink. Now is the time of year for it
Willow S. Wright