But we now know the truth about smoking and the effects cigarettes have on our bodies. Quitting can be very hard, especially if you have smoked for a long time. The brain has been made to think that you can not live without one. Here is what stopping today can do for your body:
– 20 minutes after having a cigarette, the heart rate and blood pressure return to normal.
– 1 to 2 weeks after quitting, the lungs will begin to improve as will the circulation in the body.
– 1 year after quitting the risk of developing coronary heart disease is reduced to half.
– 10 years after quitting the risk of dying from lung cancer is half compared to those that still smoke. Pancreatic and larynx cancer risks are also diminished.
– 12 hours after quitting the carbon monoxide level in the body drops back to normal.
– 1 to 9 weeks after quitting, the smoker’s constant cough or shortness of breath will begin to subside. The tiny hairs that line the lungs help to clean out the lungs and begin to work properly again. (Read More)
See the compete original article at : http://www.secretlyhealthy.com/what-happens-to-the-body-when-cigarettes-are-stopped/